Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Neutral State of Mind


I finally got a jolt of reality from the exams briefing today that I have two months before my finals, so I really need to start working hard for it. Is there enough time for me to do my revision? Should I worry that I might fail if I'm still not prepared come July? 

I hate to worry about anything because it's counterproductive. But of course, one cannot be too complacent either. So where is the balance, to get worried or to be complacent? 

Don't worry. Like the diagram above shows: whatever the circumstances, there's never a reason to worry. Yes, you can argue that our worry can nudge us towards making a real effort on solving a problem. That's a fair point.

However, I believe it's never good to do something just because we worry about the consequences of not doing it. It's much better if we choose to do something out of interest - however absurd and far-reaching as it may sound - even when it comes to very demanding tasks like work and study. So hey, let's do something because we want to. That's true bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Medical practitioner. Amateur philosopher, pianist and composer.