Saturday, December 31, 2011

Forgotten What I've Read

Here are the top 11 books I read in 2011. Don't ask me what I've learned from them - most of their contents have been lost into my subconscious. 

1. The Republic by Plato
2. The Hero of a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
3. Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
4. Ethics by Baruch Spinoza
5. Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes
6. Memories, Dreams and Reflections by Carl Jung
7. The Wealth of Nations (I-III) by Adam Smith
8. Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant
9. Public Opinion by Walter Lippmann
10. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
11. Symposium and The Death of Socrates by Plato

If there is one thing I've learned from these books, it is that stoicism rules. 

Happy new year 2012!

p/s: Do not worry if the world is going to end in 2012, or even if it doesn't. If our conscience is clear and if we live life for the present, then we are always ready to face our death - for what is death but a prolonged sleep? If we've been good, then there should be no nightmares for us, and whatever will happen to us when we are awoken, let God be the Judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Medical practitioner. Amateur philosopher, pianist and composer.