Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Separation



















 When I heard about this Iranian drama film, I thought that it would be just another typical film about a divorce. In fact, when I watched it yesterday, I found that it is more than that. And indeed this film has deservingly won the Golden Globe Award for best foreign language film, along with many other international awards and nominations. 

I think all its audience would agree that, this realistic, gripping, and Kafkaesque film about the struggle of a modern young Iranian family has entertained us all. Some of us, who love to philosophize over ordinary things, may wonder if the story and its characters portray more than just family life crises. We can speculate that this film may also reflect the issues of "A Separation" of ideologies, generations, religions, and economic classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Medical practitioner. Amateur philosopher, pianist and composer.