Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Most Ideal Moment

A lecturer from UKM asked us in our literature class today, "What is the most ideal moment in your life?" I know, it's weird, we're medical students, what were we doing in that literature class in the first place? Well, let's just say we had a few options for our selective course and we picked english literature. Anyway, getting back to the question, when it was actually asked in class, no one readily voluntered to share their answer with everyone else after a minute of contemplation. Until i tried, and i said,
"The current moment - the present." That's when i find my most ideal moment in my life. "Provided that my current moment is a happy one"
Let's think about it, why should our ideal moment be in the past? Are we regretting our current situation? Or why should it be an event in the future? Like one answer from my classmate, "When i get to see Man U play and win at Old Trafford" Then what? After you've watched the match, then what? It's not that we can't dream of anything, If it's going to be the best moment of our life, why limit it to only watching our favourite football team, or even favourite bands live like Coldplay or Arctic Monkeys? I try to be realistic here, as i've always have been. If i have a choice i would pick the best for myself of course! If i could, why can't i live everyday finding every single day special? Like posting this, i'm glad that i'm capable of putting my thoughts into such an organized writing although no one (such as an english teacher) asked me to do this. I simply enjoy doing it!

4 comments:

  1. tak habis2 dgn Coldplay n Arctic monkey! i enjoy my current moment too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true..making everyday another memorable episode in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha..can't get their songs off my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder macam penah dgr je cerita ni...yeah..i was thinking that ur answer does make sense, compared to the rest though! a day after yesterday should be a better day!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Medical practitioner. Amateur philosopher, pianist and composer.